close to the karov.

close to the karov.
. . . fresh eyes on the edge of Tel Aviv's innovative theatre scene

Saturday 27 March 2010

The Woman In The Wall - SHE Festival 2 May 2010.



Dorit has asked me to be a part of the She Festival - an annual Karov extravaganza where female performers bring their niche to the entire space in a single promenade venture.

Between the foyer and auditorium is a minute passge full of standard theatre junk. I want to clear it an install a swing, turning the cupboard into a private space where the audience can only watch through holes drilled in its front door.

At home I went through long periods of drinking an entire bottle of wine and, in the beloved and now-gone trampoline days, singing my way through repertoires I couldn't for some reason bring to life to an audience. This is what I want to do for She, giving a glimpse into some of my own personal space through a capella songs and a small-scale visual scenario which demonstrates loneliness and playtime.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts. Personal, clean and relevant contributions always welcome and acknowledged. Thank you.